1. Use appropriate research methodology to investigate a hypothesis
2. Analyse and interpret data from primary and secondary sources
3. Draw valid conclusions from the research
5 A’s of Research methodology
1. ASK What are you really interested in?
What are your key terms – Synonyms
2. ACQUIRE primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research – Statistics
3. ANALYSE the issues and opinions
4. APPLY information to make predictions and draw conclusions using direct quotes, referencing and justification of opinions.
5. ASSESS Honestly reflect on problems solutions and record conversations, contacts, reading and sources. Look at your marking criteria and refer to it often to ensure you are on track.
Here is the link to the basic powerpoint shown during library lessons