The end in mind writing an Extended response
Describe the impact of … on medieval society.
The library catalogue for books
Look for Medieval history for an overview of the topic. You can change the Reading levels.
Then search for specific topics eg. Richard the Lionheart, Crossbow, Castles.
Use the Primary sources and Best websites.
This is a 20 minute summary that will help you immerse yourself in this topic.
Gale in Context database for Primary and Secondary sources. Try Crusades, printing press, medieval punishment
Choose ONE topic and locate TWO sources of information
Time to research THREE secondary sources and ONE primary source
These resources can help you:
- BBC Middle ages
- Medievalist.net (secondary sources)
- Internet Medieval Sourcebook (lists of primary source databases)
- Eyewitness accounts from Medieval events (primary sources)
- Medieval Women’s Letters (primary sources)
- Medieval medicine manuscipts (primary sources)
- Medieval warfare (Primary sources)
- Encyclopedia Britannica search for military technology or individual weapons eg: Crossbow
- Virtual tours of castles is helpful for primary sources
- Podcast Stuff you should know castles – listen to great castle information
Good for primary sources
Good secondary sources
Usborne book of castles 940.1
Knights & castles 940.1 STE
Good for Year 8 reading level
Oxford Insight history 909 DEN
Oxford big ideas in Geography and History 8 910 EAS
Clear section on castles