Understand your assessment task
Select ONE question from the list below:
- What if our river systems and wetlands were degraded beyond repair?
- How can we protect our global fish stocks?
- Should taxes pay for the protection of biomes?
- Is sustainable farming a feasible option for everyone in the world?
- Which biome is most important in terms of meeting our needs?
Your investigation question should be an open-ended question that can be answered and must be focused on ONE specific biome.
Here’s a starting place
Biomes of the world http://www.mbgnet.net/
Biome habitats http://www.enchantedlearning.com/biomes/
General geography textbooks – Good for a Year 9 reading level
Now get specific
Be a smarter searcher
Words in your marking criteria can help.
“Food production” and threats and Australia
Salinity and food industry and Australia
Drought impact farming
Pollution and food production
Threats to food production
Improving food production Australia
“Food production” and sustainability
Bushfires and National parks
“fish kill” “Darling river”
Getting the video organised
You can only resist too long’ the threat to Sydney’s food bowl Sydney Morning Herald articleec 22 2017
Videos good for this question
- What has been the most significant impact that humans have had on our natural biomes?
Impact of humans on Darling river
Impact of humans on this wetland
Options for presentation
- Short video/ animation OR Pre-filmed TED-style talk (not more than 3-5 mins)
- A primary school resource
- Slides (not to be large amounts of writing that are read off)
- Magazine articles
- Short Story
- Audio tour
- Podcast or Vlog
to use iMovie
How to use Movie Maker