Select ONE question from the list below:
- What if our river systems and wetlands were degraded beyond repair?
- Should governments protect biomes?
- Should we all become subsistence, farmers?
- Which biome is most important in terms of productivity and our needs?
- Which biome needs most protection?
- How is mining a conflicting land use with farming?
- How have humans impacted our natural biomes?
- Your own open-ended question – can include points from the above questions – you should consult with your teacher if you choose this option.
Your investigation question should be an open-ended question that can be answered and must be focused on ONE specific biome.
Here’s a starting place
Biomes of the world http://www.mbgnet.net/
Biome habitats http://www.enchantedlearning.com/biomes/
General geography textbooks – Good for a Year 9 reading level
Now get specific
Be a smarter searcher
Words in your marking criteria can help.
“Food production” and threats and Australia
Salinity and food industry and Australia
Drought impact farming
Improving food production Australia
“Food production” and sustainability
Websearch strategies in plain English
Getting the video organised
You can only resist too long’ the threat to Sydney’s food bowl SMH Dec 22 2017
Options for presentation
- Short video/ animation OR Pre-filmed TED-style talk (not more than 3-5 mins)
- A primary school resource
- Slides (not to be large amounts of writing that are read off)
- Magazine articles
- Short Story
- Audio tour
- Podcast or Vlog
to use iMovie
How to use Movie Maker