8.00 am to 4.00 pm Mon to Friday : Years 7-9
8.00 am to 5.30 pm Mon, Tue, Thur : Years 10-12
Principal's Book of the Week
Fish in a tree: by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
“Everybody is smart in different ways. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life believing it is stupid.”
Principal's Audio Book of the Week
Stardust: Audiobook by Neil Gaiman
Challenged to retrieve a fallen star, Tristran Thorn leaves the sleepy English village of Wall and crosses into the land of Faerie and the realm of Stormhold.
Check out our eBooks!
Go to our eBook collection at https://oakhill.wheelers.co/
Download an eBook to your device.
Read to Succeed Principal's Award morning tea
Congratulations to the 38 Read to Succeed Principal’s Award recipients.
Click here to learn about the Read to Succeed training program.
Use our Citemaker site for your referencing and bibliographies. This has no ads, you can save your citations and it’s easy to use. Try this instead of Harvard generator or Cite This For Me.
The winners of each category were announced. Here is a link to those winners.
Here is the 2018 Oakhill College book that was entered in the competition.
Ebsco Explora Databases
How to write an essay
EBSCO Explora is available in your school library through a link on the Digital Library.
With Explora, you can…
- Search for articles, news and more using a single search box
- Browse popular topics by category to get research ideas
- Read Topic Overviews to gain the background information you need to start your research
- Limit results to articles that match your reading level
- Hear HTML articles read aloud with EBSCO’s Text-to-Speech feature
- Search among 60,000 videos from the Associated Press, the world’s leading news agency
- Save articles and searches to your own personal folder for easy retrieval
- Use EBSCO’s citation tool to properly cite sources in your research
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions and answers about the Read to Succeed Program
Oakhill College Coding Club is here…
- Are you interested in making your own App?
- Do you want to make your own fabulous website?
- Would you like to make your own game?
Every Monday at lunchtime in the Library we are holding Coding Club.
Coding is what makes it possible for you to create computer software, apps, and websites. Your browser, your OS, the apps on your phone, Facebook – they’re all made with code.
Come join the College Coding Club