8.00 am to 4.00 pm Mon to Friday : Years 7 – 9
8.00 am to 5.30 pm Mon, Tue, Thur : Years 10 -12
Principal's Book of the Week
No Friend but the Mountains by Behrouz Boochani
‘Where have I come from? From the land of rivers, the land of waterfalls, the land of ancient chants, the land of mountains… People would run to the mountains to escape the warplanes and found asylum within their chestnut forests… ’.
Since 2013, Kurdish journalist Behrouz Boochani has been held in the Manus Island offshore processing centre.
This book is the result. Laboriously tapped out on a mobile phone and translated from the Farsi. It is a voice of witness, an act of survival. A lyric first-hand account. A cry of resistance. A vivid portrait through five years of incarceration and exile.
BIO 325 BOO
Check out our eBooks and Audiobooks
New E-books – Wheelers ePlatform
A SWASHBUCKLING ADVENTURE FROM AUSTRALIA’S JACKIE FRENCH
Twelve-year-old Ben Huntsmore is the son of a ship-owner, an only child who loves the farming life on his family’s estate, Badger’s Hill.
But when Ben’s father loses their ancestral home to pay a gambling debt, Ben reluctantly joins his father in a desperate venture to win back their home, capturing enemy trading ships off the west Australian coast.
Use our Citemaker site for your referencing and bibliographies. This has no ads, you can save your citations and it’s easy to use. Try this instead of Harvard generator or Cite This For Me.
Ebsco Explora Databases
EBSCO Explora is available in your school library through a link on the Digital Library.
With Explora, you can…
- Search for articles, news and more using a single search box
- Browse popular topics by category to get research ideas
- Read Topic Overviews to gain the background information you need to start your research
- Limit results to articles that match your reading level
- Hear HTML articles read aloud with EBSCO’s Text-to-Speech feature
- Search among 60,000 videos from the Associated Press, the world’s leading news agency
- Save articles and searches to your own personal folder for easy retrieval
- Use EBSCO’s citation tool to properly cite sources in your research
How to write an essay
Click here for the latest Clickview titles
eBooks and Audio books
Check out our collection at https://oakhill.wheelers.co/
Download an eBook or Audiobook to your device.