Read to Succeed training program
The 2018 begins
Welcome to the Oakhill College Read to Succeed training program. The aim is to develop a regular reading habit. This will help you improve in many ways such as:
· Your writing ability
· Text comprehension and grammar
· Your vocabulary
· Positive reading attitudes
· Greater self-confidence as a reader
· Pleasure in reading in later life
· General knowledge
· A better understanding of other cultures
· A greater insight into human nature and decision-making
How does it work?
How it works
1. Complete your Read to Succeed level nomination form and indicate which reading level you are aiming for: Teacher’s award, Dean’s Award or Principal’s Award.
Br Steve’s Yr 8 2018 goal is for 100 Dean’s Award, and 40 for the Principal’s Award
2. Read books, eBooks and audio books regularly.
Check out the Principal’s Award Reading lists for some great titles.
3. Complete each fortnight Read to Succeed logs
Click here to see questions students ask