Read to Succeed challenge
Welcome to the Oakhill College Read to Succeed challenge. The aim is to develop a regular reading habit. This will help you improve in many ways such as:
· Your writing ability
· Text comprehension and grammar
· Your vocabulary
· Positive reading attitudes
· Greater self-confidence as a reader
· Pleasure in reading in later life
· General knowledge
· A better understanding of other cultures
· A greater insight into human nature and decision-making
How does it work?
How it works
1. Complete your Read to Succeed level nomination form and indicate which reading level you are aiming for: Teacher’s award, Dean’s Award or Principal’s Award.
2. Read books, eBooks and audio books regularly.
Check out the Principal’s Award Reading lists for some great titles.
3. Complete each fortnight Read to Succeed logs
Click here to see questions students ask