Society and Culture
- State Library and Personal Interest Projects
- ABC TV’s Compass Program Valuable resources for Belief Systems Depth Study
- snapshots and they post 10 photos there daily of events around the world. Great to get students look at these over a term and find e.g.’s of the course concepts in photos from that website. Great for social and cultural worldtopic.
- Asia Society Asian and American Asian culture and history
- CSU – Guide to Australia Lots of facts & figures, access to the Aust Bureau of Statistics
- International Population Pyramids (U.S. Database, projects future populations)
- Introduction to Future Studies Methodologies and futurist theories
- National Geographic Monthly magazine, with archived past editions
- New Internationalist’s back issues Up-to-date left-of-center journal (search ‘mega index’ or back issues)
- Purdue University’s Primary Research site Useful guide to a number of primary research methodologies
- Survey Monkey Online survey service – students can sign up for a free account and conduct online surveys with up to 10 questions
- Islamica Magazine Online magazine designed to provide an alternative Muslim perspective. Useful for Belief Systems.
- Altmuslim.com Another dissenting Muslim voice.
- CIA World Factbook Useful starting point for a Country Study
- Salon.com American online magazine can provide a good starting point for PIP ideas
- Minature Earth Short movie on the state of affairs in the world population if you broke the world pop down to 100 people. Great as a stimulus for equality and difference topic.
- SMH snapshots Sydney Morning Herald website in the world section is a part called