NESA requirement: The Penguin Henry Lawson Short Stories Penguin, 2009, ISBN: 9780143180128 Standard, Module A: Experience Through Language
- Dixon, M; Murphy, K; Alrawi, A 2015. Sample response 3: Henry Lawson short stories. Cambridge Checkpoints HSC Standard English 2015. Edition. Cambridge University Press. pp. 78-81.
- Fuller, B; Grumley, L; Sinclair, J 2000. Henry Lawson – Short Stories. 2001 & 2002 2 unit HSC Standard English all texts study guide. 1st Ed. Five Senses Education Pty Ltd, Seven Hills. pp. 10-20.
- Lawrence, E 2006. Henry Lawson’s early start as a writer. . M A R G I N: life & letters in early Australia. .69 (July-August 2006) p1
- Kane, P, & Erskine, TL 2001, ‘Henry Lawson’, Critical Survey of Short Fiction, Second Revised Edition, pp. 1-4
- Lee, C 2002. An Uncultured Rhymer and his Cultural Critics: Henry Lawson, class politics, and colonial literature.Victorian Poetry. 40.1 (Spring 2002) p87
- Cameron, L 2001, Selected Stories – Henry Lawson, Excel HSC Standard English. 1st Ed McPherson’s Printing Group, Australia
NESA requirement: The Penguin Henry Lawson Short Stories Penguin, 2009, ISBN: 9780143180128 Standard, Elective 2: Distinctively Visual ‘The Drover’s Wife’, ‘The Bush Undertaker’, ‘In a Dry Season’, ‘The Loaded Dog’
- LibriVox audiobooks. 2016. Youtube. Henry Lawson – The Drover’s Wife . [ONLINE]
Available at:https://youtu.be/DGJJZ6umVEI. [Accessed 12 May 17]
- LibriVox audiobooks. 2015. Youtube. Henry Lawson – The Loaded Dog. [ONLINE]
- Available at:https://youtu.be/Oka8YayRysc. [Accessed 12 May 17]
- Henry Lawson – http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/henry-lawson This webpage from the Australian Government portal provides brief information and links to Henry Lawson’s life and background, the Australian short story, Lawson and The Bulletin, ‘The Drover’s Wife’ etc.
- Sayer, Mandy. “The Drovers’ Wives.” Southerly 68.2 (2008): 193+. Expanded Academic ASAP. Web. 16 Mar. 2015
- McLeod, AL 2004, ‘The Drover’s Wife’, Masterplots II: Short Story Series, Revised Edition, pp. 1-3Spurr, B;